Crime Reduction Co-ordinator
A Crime Reduction Co-ordinator is required on a permanent contract paying £22,626.98 plus £2,495 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Crime Reduction Co-ordinator with BTP you will be required to provide an administrative and coordinated support function to the Crime Reduction department, Crime Prevention Design Advisors and the Crime Reduction Referral Teams. To review Problem Solving Plans and coordinate updates in a timely fashion. Also, coordinate the national activity associated with the accreditation schemes for stations and car parks
As a Crime Reduction Co-ordinator you will be required to:
- To coordinate and support activity associated with Problem Solving Plans on the ePSP system and ensure that processes are followed. Aim to raise standards in crime reduction problem solving and engagement activities by influencing others in respect of good practice.
- To coordinate and support activity associated with the Secure Stations Accreditation Scheme. Be responsible for providing Secure Station statistical data to the crime reduction team and industry partners when required.
- To support the functions of the Crime Reduction Referral Team by providing administrative support to the Crime Prevention Design Advisors.
- To provide administrative support, including minutes for key meetings and conferences related to crime
- reduction and support customers by being a first point of contact for the department, acting as a first fix with the knowledge to refer to the correct point of contact.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Crime Reduction Co-ordinator will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Experience of working in a fast paced departmental environment.
- Experience in the evaluation, collation and basic analysis of information.
- The ability to manage multiple work streams at the same time and prioritise key issues in relation to crime reduction.
- The ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines.
- Possess a high level of IT skills including a good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
If you are interested in applying to this Crime Reduction Co-ordinator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £22,626.98 plus £2,495 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.