Police Sergeant Transferees - Cambridge
BTP police and protect 10,000 miles of track and 3,000 railway stations every day - a network that is at the heart of Britain's community, commerce and industry. Join us and you’ll be providing specialist policing to a unique community in a unique environment, dealing with rewarding challenges that you won’t find in any other Force.
Based within Cambridge, the successful applicants will direct and co-ordinate a team of Constables and PCSOs towards local and force-wide goals whilst providing accessible supervision nearest to the point of service-delivery. You will manage and co-ordinate resources effectively, maintaining a liaison with higher-management to ensure that information is relayed and support is readily available.
Please download the role profile below for more details
All applications will be subject to a paper sift in line with the required competencies and criteria for the role.
Initial Eligibility Criteria
Before the BTP progresses your application, consideration will be given to a number of initial eligibility criteria. Therefore, please consider the following before completing an application:
- Candidates must be substantive in the rank of Sergeant, or above
- Candidates must currently be serving in a Home Office force, or have served in a Home Office force within the previous two years
- Candidates who have a current unsatisfactory performance review and/or a performance action plan in place may be rejected during the initial eligibility screening process
- Candidates must have no current findings of guilt in respect of any disciplinary actions or complaints
- All mandatory training must be up to date
You will not be eligible to transfer to BTP if you have any convictions, cautions, reprimands and penalty notices (other than some driving penalty notices). You will not be eligible to apply if you have an existing CCJ or IVA outstanding against you. Applicants who have been registered bankrupt will not be considered. Failure to disclose any of the above will lead to your application being rejected.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application form along with a copy of your most recent completed PDR and your sickness record for the previous three years. Candidates who have not submitted this documentation with their application will not be considered. Please be advised that we do not accept CV’s.
This opportunity is closed to applications.