Part Time Station Administrator - 12 month FTC
British Transport Police (BTP) is recruiting for a Part Time Station Administrator on a 12 month Fixed Term contract role based at its Divisional HQ in Glasgow, salary is £13,709.29. BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales
As a Station Administrator with BTP you will provide professional and comprehensive administrative support to all staff and officers to ensure the Police Station is run efficiently.
As Station Administrator you will be required to:
- Act as the first point of contact for all callers and visitors to the police office, ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously.
- Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of staff, liaising with internal and external contacts at all levels, resolving issues proactively.
- Update the BTP Web / Social Media pages for the Division
- Update and input community intelligence reports
- Take responsibility for facilities maintenance
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Station Administrator will be required to evidence the following:
- Previous administrative experience with demonstrable organisational ability and attention to detail
- Previous experience in record keeping and working to deadlines
- High standard of planning and organisational ability.
If you are interested in applying to this Station Administrator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £13,709.29per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.