Three Intelligence Researchers are required for a Permanent Contract role paying £23,310.30 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Glasgow.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Intelligence Researcher with BTP you will undertake research using a wide variety of sources to assess and evaluate information and inform the creation of intelligence products to support decision making at a strategic, tactical and/or operational level.
The Researcher is responsible for all intelligence report evaluations for the Force – assessing, inputting, developing and disseminating intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources in compliance with a range of legislation.
As Intelligence Researcher you will be required to:
- To evaluate, sanitise and validate all intelligence reports received by BTP, and create nominal records and other required entities, applying the current nationally approved system within 72 hours on receipt or as determined by ACPO, in line with the defined processes within MOPI and NIM. Disseminate intelligence to other Forces and to relevant BTP departments, as appropriate.
- Identify intelligence gaps and proactively develop any issue or ensure that the matter is recorded (using IEL and other reporting methods) and the appropriate person has been informed in order to direct Force resources for intelligence gathering activities.
- Undertake qualitative and qualitative research to produce intelligence and/or inform analytical products, including collecting, collating and evaluating information from a wide variety of sources at a strategic, tactical or operational level.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Intelligence Researcher will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification or work experience.
- Experience of communicating effectively and of undertaking research of a qualitative and quantitative nature.
- Ability to research and assimilate large volumes of data and prepare and produce complex research-based reports.
If you are interested in applying to this Intelligence Researcher role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £23,310.30 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.