Senior HR Administrator
A Senior HR Administrator is required on a Fixed Term Contract or Secondment lasting until 31st March 2021, paying £23,893.06 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham (B1).
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Senior HR Administrator with BTP you will be required to provide a comprehensive HR clerical and administrative support service to the HR Manager and Divisional HR team to help meet all relevant standards and measures.
As a Senior HR Administrator you will be required to:
- Provide a comprehensive HR clerical and administrative support service to the HR Manager and overall area entity HR team.
- Maintain and support the administration processes and procedures covering BTP’s operational HR activities e.g. sickness, grievances and performance.
- Provide trouble shooting, reporting and analysis when requested by the HR manager.
- When instructed by the HR Manager you will be required to provide support to projects to ensure successfully delivery.
- Manage customer and colleague relationships (internally and externally) so as to maximise the effectiveness of BTP & BTP HR and ensure the good reputation of both.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Senior HR Administrator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills including tact and discretion.
- Effective team worker with the ability to adopt a collaborative approach.
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm, generating high quality work whilst under pressure to deliver against tight timescales.
If you are interested in applying to this Senior HR Administrator position then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting salary of £23,893.06 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.