HR Service Desk Support Officer (12 month FTC)
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit a HR Service Desk Officer on a 12 month FTC. This is an exciting opportunity to join our HR Service Desk team in a fast paced, varied working environment. The starting salary for this post is £21,033.15 per annum and is based in our HR Business Centre in Birmingham City Centre.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As HR Service Desk Officer you will provide general HR administrative support to the People Services Centre, carrying out transactional duties across the Force and answering routine HR related queries over the phone and email.
As a HR Service Desk Support Officer you will be required to:
- Carry out People Service Centre transactional processing duties related to employee records, resignations, personal change details, sickness absence entries, accident reports, maternity leave etc.. and handle routine queries from BTP staff and third party individuals
- Carry out a range of duties to maintain and support the HR Service Desk administration processes and procedures to all required standards
- As directed by the HR Service Desk Team Leader, maintain up to date and complete records and information as required by BTP HR so that HR management can be delivered properly and regulatory compliance is achieved
- Troubleshoot any routine clerical or administrative problems that occur in the day to day work, seeking guidance and input from the HR Service Desk Team Leader
- As directed assemble the required routine and ad hoc reporting information into the required formats to standards of accuracy and timeliness
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrable HR clerical / administrative experience in a shared service / customer contact centre environment
- Demonstrable experience in working with a variety of relevant IT systems and databases
- Ability to work unsupervised, prioritise and remain calm, generating high quality work whilst under pressure to deliver against tight timescales
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of the workings of a HR department and familiarity with its overall services
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Annual salary of £21,033.15 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final Salary Pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.