Divisional Resource Officer
Two Divisional Resource Officers are required for a 12-month contract paying £23,893.06 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Manchester (M4).
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Divisional Resource Officer with BTP you will plan, roster and update the use and deployment of appropriate staff resources to cover day to day policing, training, events and operations, delivering on key objectives by ensuring resources are deployed effectively, efficiently and in a cost effective manner.
This role is essential to ensure that DMS (part of ORIGIN and a Force Critical System) is rigorously maintained and the data held within the system is as accurate as possible.
As a Divisional Resource Officer you will be required to:
- Produce rosters in a timely manner whilst ensuring minimum notice periods are adhered to wherever possible, to minimise costs whilst maintaining the required resource and skill levels to efficiently discharge all duties and uphold the reputation of the Force.
- Ensure cover and skill levels are maintained by responding to changing circumstances in operational demands, and provide resource options to managers and senior officers where levels are not able to be met.
- Liaise with HR, Learning and Development and other internal departments as well as senior managers on day to day basis to identify resource issues and potential solutions.
- Be flexible to work outside of rostered hours, including working weekends at times of critical need.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Divisional Resource Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Able to work under high pressure to tight timescales, and manage a heavy workload, as part of a team or under own initiative
- Experience in organising employees and resources by skill and experience to cover events, activities and/or projects
- Ability to influence and negotiate with contacts at all levels of an organisation
If you are interested in applying to this Divisional Resource Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting annual salary of £23,893.06 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.