Service Desk Analyst
A Service Desk Analyst is required for a Permanent Contract role paying up to £30,794.89 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Service Desk Analyst you will ensure the processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to incident reports, including channelling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity, and keeping clients appraised of progress towards service restoration. The resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Service Desk Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills & qualifications.
- Accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher
- A good standard of general education
- Good experience of working in a busy Technical Service Desk environment providing 1st and 2nd line support for a broad range of mission critical systems and services.
- Good knowledge of best practice customer service processes
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £30,794.57 (Salary: £27,145.89, London Allowance: £2,634, SFIA: up to £1,078.89)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.