Digital Forensic Unit Investigator - 12 month FTC
A Digital Forensic Unit (DFU) Investigator is required on a 12 month FTC paying £30,478.84 per annum plus £2,634.25 London Allowance and £3,957.00 Market Supplement with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Central London (SW1W).
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Investigator in the Digital Forensic Unit, your responsibilities will be to provide effective forensic expertise that is professional, readily accessible, and cost effective in order to support the investigative process from initial case acceptance to conclusion.
As an Investigator you will be required to:
- Conduct digital forensic examinations within the confines of ISO 17025 and the Forensic Science Regulator's Codes of Practice (or equivalent), ensuring continuing compliance and competence.
- Contribution towards the continuous improvement of standards within the department under ISO 17025.
- Conduct laboratory based examinations of items/exhibits to support investigations.
- Ensure integrity and continuity of items by correct handling, storage, documentation.
- Be competent and utilise a range of hardware and software to conduct investigations and subsequently produce evidential reports from seized digital evidence.
- Evaluate and interpret the results of investigations and give evidence that is unbiased, accurate and based on established principles.
- Provide evidential statements and attend court to present evidence of work undertaken.
- Provide specialist advice and knowledge to colleagues, partners and other individuals and agencies to support the achievement of organisational objectives (at scene or in a laboratory).
Please see the attached role profile for further information.
The successful Investigator will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Educated to degree level in Computer Forensics or equivalent experience
- Qualification or significant experience in the use of at least one form of mobile phone forensic software (Cellebrite/XRY)
- Qualification or significant experience in the use of at least one form of computer forensic software (XWays/Blackbag/AXIOM)
- Technically proficient background in digital forensics including (but not limited) to areas such as PC architecture (hardware/networking) and operating systems (Windows, OSX and Linux)
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting annual salary of £30,478.84 per annum plus £2,634.25 London Allowance and £3,957.00 Market Supplement.
- Yearly incremental pay progression up to £36,315.20 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discounts.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.