Public Protection Administrator
A Public Protection Administrator is required for a Permanent Contract role paying £20,520.15 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Leeds.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Public Protection Administrator with BTP you will provide professional, efficient and comprehensive administrative support to the whole Public Protection Department in relation to all strands of Public Protection, involving people who use the railway network.
The administration role within Public Protection is to ensure that all office functions of the department are effectively managed and efficiently run, assisting with the recording of data as requested, information management, answering/managing the various email inboxes and telephone queries, and coordinating scrutiny panels for Domestic Abuse, Hate Crime and Sexual Offences.
Other duties include arranging meetings, conferences, travel and accommodation as requested. The administrator role is vital in acting as a conduit between staff within the Public Protection Department and front line officers across the force, external agencies, independent scrutiny panel members and other Police forces.
As Public Protection Administrator you will be required to:
- Provide full administrative service to include (as required) typing, email, data entry, and create, maintain and back-up files and databases to track activities and workloads.
- Receive, acknowledge and reply to telephone calls and internal and external correspondence and documents in a professional and timely manner and redirect as necessary. Ensure security of access to premises by providing a first level reception service to callers and visitors.
- Assist with the organisation, coordination & administration of the quarterly Sexual Offences, Hate and Domestic Abuse scrutiny panels. The primary functions will be to support the Senior Leadership Team by sending / collating invites, liaise with panel members regarding the selection of cases for the panel(s), compilation and distribution of redacted panel packs, administration support during the panel(s), post panel evaluation, publishing of findings & archiving / destruction of material (in line with policy / guidance).
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Public Protection Administrator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous administrative experience with demonstrable organisational ability and attention to detail
- Minimum GCSE English Language and Maths grade C or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills with good telephone manner
If you are interested in applying to this Public Protection Administrator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £20,520.15 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.