A Project Accountant is required for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract role paying up to £49,949 per annum (inclusive of allowances) with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Project Accountant with BTP you will work within the ‘National Network Services’ programme and assist Project Managers by developing financial aspects of business cases and ensuring that capital and revenue consequences are included in the medium term financial plan. You will do this by managing and tracking the financials of confirmed and potential business to pass on to the Business Partner team for forecasting purposes and develop an appropriate cost centre structure for decision making.
As Project Accountant you will be required to:
- Design and implement the framework to link the impact of projects into both the capital and revenue budgets.
- Undertake in depth analysis of new initiatives to ensure return on investment to prioritise investment decisions and utilise this to present programme management and finance staff with clear understanding and potential risks to support collective awareness and decision making.
- Manage and prepare regular period end report, quarterly reports and year end outturn report to the various governance boards of the organisation and the British Transport Police Authority.
- Be an ambassador for the Department, representing the Deputy Director of Finance – Decision Support and the Finance Director as required, whilst also act as the first point of contact for all financial forecasting for the National Network Service Programme.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Project Accountant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- A qualified member of one of the five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies.
- Experience of working within either a finance function or as a project accountant in a portfolio office.
- Advanced skills in Excel with knowledge of project modelling and reporting costs and forecasts to budgets.
- Proven experience of building strong relationship with a wide range of internal and external organisations, partners and stakeholders.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £49,949 per annum (inclusive of allowances)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.