HR Information and Data Analyst
A HR Information and Data Analyst is required for a permanent role paying up to £29, 735.46 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As HR Information and Data Analyst with BTP you will provide accurate and timely HR information, data and analysis to the HR function, BTP and beyond in compliance with regulatory professional and service standards in support of Force governance processes, performance management and wider organisational objectives.
As HR Information and Data Analyst you will be required to:
- Ensure that all reporting or data derived is controlled and disseminated in accordance with all required standards.
- Manage the ORACLE Discover Reporting Tool including identifying the root cause of any service, performance and process failures and proposing solutions and making agreed changes so that all service standards are met.
- Take ownership of HR people data and ensure that the overall system hierarchy within ORIGIN is kept up to date and reflects BTP’s organisation structure.
- Provide supporting documentation for the users of HR data, offering support and guidance as needed to support the effective use of HR information and data.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful HR Information and Data Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in a related discipline (e.g. including analytical/mathematical/informational elements) or equivalent experience
- A successful track record in analysing, managing and reporting HR information & data in a large, multidiscipline operational organisation.
- Experience of establishing productive relationships with colleagues and customers (internally and externally) and across a variety of levels of seniority to deliver a HR service that meets customer needs.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of the relevant IT systems and with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Sound knowledge of a variety of statistical and analytical techniques and tools achieved through applying these in workplace situations.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £29, 735.46
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
Interviews are due to take place on week commencing Monday 27th May (after BH Monday).
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.