Analytical Insight and Statistics Manager
An Analytical Insight and Statistics Manager is required for a permanent role paying up to £41,928.74 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Analytical Insight and Statistics Manager with BTP you will be responsible for the provision of BTP's performance and Insight service for the Chief Constable, Divisions and Department Heads. Be the subject matter expert and key point of contact for all performance and insight queries. Guide, develop and line manage analytical staff within the Strategic Centre including Insight Team Manager, Insight Analysts and Statistics officers. Provide strategic advice to senior officers and staff on trends and developments in data and policing that might influence activity.
As Analytical Insight and Statistics Manager you will be required to:
- Manage the delivery of BTP’s force management information and performance insight analysis to the Chief, COG constable, Divisional resources and Department Heads.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality formal reports, briefings and presentations to the BTPA and other external agencies, providing high quality performance analysis and insight.
- Manage the delivery of BTP's external information provision including FOI requests, Parliamentary Questions, Home Office data returns and other data requests (including Mayoral, DfT and other MP requests).
- Lead significant pieces of national analytical projects and products, including those with the highest level of risk/influence. Lead the analytical insight team, as an expert in identifying exceptions, preparing and managing the delivery of high quality products.
- Provide line management and leadership to analytical staff within the strategic centre, develop and maintain a high level of skills and abilities across the team and regularly evaluate performance to ensure that unsatisfactory performance is identified and addressed promptly and effectively and that exceptional work is recognised and rewarded.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Analytical Insight and Statistics Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with an analytical, social research or statistics component, or relevant work experience.
- A further qualification in Analysis (NIAT).
- Significant experience of research, data collection and analysis against strategic objectives.
- Experience in negotiating and influencing senior managers and stakeholders in terms of both the prioritisation of work and ensuring BTP make the best use of products and to influence change.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £41,928.74 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.