Senior PA to Detective Superintendent (PSD)
A Senior Personal Assistant to the PSD Detective Superintendent is required for a 6-12 month fixed term contract paying £22,853.24 plus £2,520 London Allowance based in London.
As a Senior Personal Assistant with BTP you will provide professional, efficient, proactive and confidential secretarial/administrative support to Head of Department and administrative assistance to their management team, carrying out general office duties, to support the delivery of the assigned departmental charter.
As a Senior Personal Assistant you will be required to:
• Act as the first point of contact for all customers to Professional Standards, ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously. Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of the Head of Department, liaising with internal staff and external contacts at all levels, resolving issues proactively.
• Schedule meetings with internal and external participants, prepare and issue agendas, take, produce and circulate accurate minutes and maintain a comprehensive and continuing record of decisions made.
• Assist with research, collation and analysis of information and preparation of reports, briefing papers and presentations to enable the manager to communicate with internal and external contacts and to aid their understanding of current issues on a variety of sensitive and confidential matters.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Senior Personal Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills:
• Previous relevant PA/secretarial experience or extensive administrative experience with a high level of organisational ability and attention to detail.
• Experience in exercising diplomacy, tact and discretion in managing sensitive, personal and confidential matters.
• Experience of scheduling meetings and events, preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate minutes. If you are interested in applying to this Senior Personal Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
• Salary up to £22,853.24 plus £2,520 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
This opportunity is closed to applications.