Chief Financial Officer
A Chief Financial Officer is required for a permanent role with British Transport Police Authority paying up to £120,000 per annum dependent on experience.
The Authority’s primary statutory purpose is to secure the maintenance of an efficient and effective police force for the railways through British Transport Police. BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day BTP ensures the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
The Chief Financial Officer is a key member of the Authority leadership team and you will help us to develop and implement strategy and to resource and deliver our strategic objectives. The CFO will be actively involved in all material business decisions to ensure immediate and longer term implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered and align to our financial strategy.
Key activities of the Chief Financial Officer include but are not limited to:
- Staff leadership; upgrading and leading the finance organisation within the Authority
- Strong stakeholder management with a very diverse range of individuals across a multiple networks
- Managerial reporting and analysis, monthly close, budgeting, forecasting and investing
- Risk management and controls; including developing and instituting best practices in the control environment, reviewing relevant contracts and other agreements and leading the Authority’s risk management framework
Key requirements for the Chief Financial Officer include:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) with very significant post-qualification experience
- A strong track record of successfully operating at a senior management level in a fast-moving and complex multi-sector and multiple stakeholder environment
- Proven experience of effective resource and staff management with an appreciation of the constraints placed on the resource allocation within the public sector
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
In return for your experience as Chief Financial Officer, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £120,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants should review the attached document that details more information on the role and the application process. A CV and supporting statement should then be sent to Lucy Yasin, Head of Governance and Compliance, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is closed to applications.