Communications and Engagement Manager, Scotland Project
Communications and Engagement Manager (Scotland Project) is required paying £28,863.78 with BTPA based in Glasgow.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Communications and Engagement Manager (Scotland Project) with BTP you will be responsible for creating and delivering communications relating to the programme, working under the direction of the Divisional Commander.
They will liaise closely with internal communications colleagues and all associated project teams, establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with key stakeholders in Scotland, England and Wales.
Occasional travel to London will be necessary.
As Communications and Engagement Manager (Scotland Project) you will be required to:
• Devise and successfully implement a high quality communications and engagement plan for a range of audiences - across all role levels- using varied channels, and measuring the impact of initiatives and engagements.
• Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communication media (intranet, Facebook, Twitter, email bulletins, video blogs etc) for communicating with officers and staff internally.
• Make day-to-day decisions on the change communications strategy and plans, appropriate content and suitable channels - consulting with senior command, departmental managers, programme leads, project managers and the Internal Communications Manager, as appropriate.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Communications and Engagement Manager (Scotland Project) will be required to evidence the following skills:
• A self-starter with a proven track record in communications and engagement, with proven experience in developing plans and content - to a high standard - to suit a variety of different audiences.
• Change management – to be able to help audiences understand the overall story around the change and what it means for them individually and for the Force.
• Great content writing and proofreading skills, with a friendly and informal tone of voice and able to come up with new, creative and bright ideas and different ways of doing things
If you are interested in applying to this Communications and Engagement Manager (Scotland Project) role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you
• Salary up to £28,863.78 plus £2495 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.