Maintenance Service Delivery Support Officer
A Service Delivery Support Officer is required for a 12 month fixed term contract paying £22,853.24 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Service Delivery Support Officer with BTP you will be required to provide first contact on all property related services to staff throughout BTP through the helpdesk function in relation to Finance and Corporate Services issues, as detailed in the Finance and Corporate Services Department Service Level Agreement.
As a Service Delivery Support Officer you will be required to:
- Work as part of the Service Desk Team to ensure that the support service delivered is efficient and effective.
- Capture and record details of Corporate Services incidents. Process incidents as appropriate to resolution, escalation or management through third party. Retaining ownership of the incident throughout the process.
- Co-ordinate preventative planned maintenance tasks across the Force
- Oversee the procurement process for all maintenance purchases, ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to such as meets legal and organisation auditing requirements.
- Responsible for raising requisitions, processing orders and all administration functions of the purchase order system, including maintaining all records concerning the Force Maintenance Budget spend division by division, ensuring invoices are paid in timely manner.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Maintenance Service Delivery Support Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Ability to decipher the relevant information and demonstrate a high level of problem solving.
- Self-starter, self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure, produce high quality work, and exercise both initiative and discretion.
- Demonstrate the significance of Maintenance related Legal Requirement tasks and understanding.
- High level verbal and written communications skills with ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills of persuasion and negotiation.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
- Ability to diagnose property related faults and implement practical solutions.
If you are interested in applying to this Service Delivery Support Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £22,853.24 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and
and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.