Career Development and Talent Management Advisor
BTP are recruiting for a Career Development and Talent Management Advisor for an 18 month contract based at our Birmingham office.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Career Development and Talent Management Advisor with BTP you will form part of a team which supports the professional development of all staff across the Force. A requirement of this role is to travel between locations on a regular basis.
Key activities and deliverables include:
- Providing advice, guidance and practical support across the full range of Career Development and Talent Management issues.
- Collaborate with managers across the Force to ensure suitable pathways, postings and succession planning is in place.
- Coaching employees to support their professional development.
- Deliver coaching sessions for staff to communicate development processes and pathways.
Key requirements for this role:
- Coaching certificate or equivalent. (or working towards)
- A successful track record in a Career Development and Talent Management role.
- Experience in developing good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Experience of establishing productive relationships with colleagues and customers (internally and externally) and across a variety of levels of seniority to deliver a Career Development and Talent Management service that meets customer needs.
- Experience of providing clear, balanced advice and guidance on a wide range of Career Development and Talent Management issues to management teams.
Please review the job description for more information.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £31,982.89 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.