Police Constable Transferees
BTP police and protect 10,000 miles of track and 3,000 railway stations every day - a network that is at the heart of Britain's community, commerce and industry. Join us and you’ll be providing specialist policing to a unique community in a unique environment, dealing with rewarding challenges that you won’t find in any other Force.
The successful candidates will patrol as directed, providing high-visibility policing within a given area and responding appropriately to emergency and non-urgent calls for assistance. You will investigate circumstances, call for and co-ordinate specialist assistance when required, and resolve incidents as appropriate.
Please note that officers selecting London as their preferred posting may be posted to any central-London station.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for further details
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. Language skills can be especially valuable to community engagement and candidates who can speak additional languages such as Hindi, Arabic, Farsi, Bengali, Urdu, Amharic, Pushtu, Punjabi, Tamil and Somali are encouraged to apply. All applications will be judged on their individual merit.
Initial Eligibility Criteria
Before the BTP progresses your application, consideration will be given to a number of initial eligibility criteria. Therefore, please be aware of the following before completing an application:
- Candidates must be substantive in the rank of Constable (or above)
- Candidates must currently be serving in a Home Office force, or have served in a Home Office force within the previous two years
- Candidates must hold a valid and current UK Driving Licence
- Candidates must not currently be subject to an unsatisfactory performance review or action plan
- Candidates must have no current findings of guilt for complaints or discipline
- All mandatory training must be up to date
- You will not be eligible to transfer to BTP if you have any convictions, cautions, reprimands or penalty notices (other than select driving penalty notices)
- You will not be eligible to apply if you have an existing CCJ or IVA outstanding against you
- Applicants who have been registered bankrupt will not be considered
Failure to disclose any of the above will result in your application being rejected.
How to Apply
Please submit an online application form by clicking the 'Apply' button, below. You will also be required to upload copies of your most recent completed PDR and your sickness record for the previous three years. Candidates who have not submitted this documentation with their application will not be considered.
Please be advised that we do not accept CV’s.