Fixed Intelligence Management Unit Officer
A Fixed Intelligence Management Unit Officer is required on a PERMANENT basis, starting salary up to £28,202.23 per annum (Inclusive of £2,495 per annum). You will be employed by British Transport Police (BTP) and will be based at our Force Headquarters in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Fixed Intelligence Management Unit Officer you will be required to provide the initial receipt and assessment of information and intelligence entering the CT/DE network in British Transport Police. The FIMU is responsible for the initial management of threat and risk associated with any information and intelligence entering the network on behalf of the Chief Constable.
As a Fixed Intelligence Management Unit Officer you will be required to:
- Carry out the receipt, assessment, research and development of intelligence entering the FIMU, ensuring that the national standards are adhered to in relation to processing, indexing, and dissemination of information relevant to CT/DE, discharging threat and risk on behalf of the Chief Constable.
- Ensure intelligence is correctly marked, evaluated and sanitised with the correct and detailed handling instructions and where necessary a risk assessment applied.
- Manage intelligence generated by the BTP Special Branch Dedicated Source Unit (DSU)
- Compile information on terrorism-related arrests in BTP for submission to NCTPHQ to ensure data supplied to the Home Office is accurate.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Fixed Intelligence Management Unit Officer will be required to evidence the following skills and experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, from front line officers through to Chief Officer ranks.
- Trained in use of one or more police systems (PNC, PND, Niche, ControlWorks)
- Educated to Degree standard in an associated field or previous experience working as a researcher or Intelligence Development Officer or in a similar role.
If you are interested in applying to this Fixed Intelligence Management Unit Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting salary up to £28,202.23 per annum (Inclusive of £2495 London allowance)
- Yearly salary increments dependant on overall annual performance.
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 30 days after 5 years service.
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting
This opportunity is closed to applications.