Senior Management Accountant
A Senior Management Accountant is required for a permanent role paying up to £41,106.61 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, Central London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s rail network. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Senior Management Accountant with BTP you will be responsible for providing central management accounting financial support and critical analytical challenge to ensure the Force and Authority (BTPA) achieve financial targets and delivers value for money within the budgets set by the Authority and Department for Transport.
As Senior Management Accountant you will be required to:
- Centralise and implement strong Management Accounting processes
- Lead the Management Accounting team members in delivering the period and annual management accounts
- Promote financial governance and control over BTP assets and identifying and mitigating against areas of weakness
- Lead on workforce planning and link with period payroll reconciliations and financial forecasting to ensure accurate reporting and financial planning for the workforce
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Senior Management Accountant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Fully-qualified member of one of the five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies (CCAB), i.e. ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAI or ICAS or a European/International equivalent
- Extensive experience in delivering finance results in a complex and/or geographically dispersed organisation
- Sound understanding and proven experience of delivering value-added financial reporting to support decision making
- Demonstrable background of designing and implemented strong processes to support all-round good governance
If you are interested in applying to this Senior Management Accountant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £41,106.61
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.