Station Administrator - Bristol
A Station Administrator is required on a Permanent basis paying £20,117.79 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based at Bristol.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Station Administrator with BTP you will provide professional, efficient, proactive and comprehensive administrative support, carrying out general office duties.
As a Station Administrator you will be required to:
- Provide a full administrative service to include (as required) typing, email, processing general accounts, petty cash and invoices, data entry, and creating and maintaining files and databases to track activities and workloads.
- Be the first point of contact for all callers, contractors and visitors, including distressed members of the public, ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously. Intercept and make telephone calls on behalf of the manager or team, liaising with internal staff and external contacts at all levels, resolving issues proactively.
- Monitor, distribute and audit uniform, personal protective equipment, office stationery, passes, and/or consumables and re-order stocks as required using e-procurement processes within agreed budget and accountability limits to ensure goods have been received and that appropriate resources are available when required.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Station Administrator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good standard of planning and organisational ability
- The ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure, dealing with members of the public or to demanding deadlines whilst maintaining a flexible approach.
If you are interested in applying to this Station Administrator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £20,117.79
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.