Network Security Specialist
Network Security Specialists are required for a 12 month fixed term contracts role paying up to £44,537.10 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Network Security Specialist with BTP you will form an integral part of a programme team delivering WAN, LAN and telephony replacements across the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to offer specialist support for a large technical change programme spanning across the UK.
As a Network Security Specialist you will be required to:
- Assist with the technical delivery of the new Force Network and associated Network Security Equipment.
- Ensure the Force's AntiVirus solution is deployed as appropriate.
- Offer technical network support to the wider Programme Team.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. Key requirements include:
- Extensive experience of implementing, managing and supporting network security solutions.
- Good knowledge of core networking technologies and providers.
- Extensive experience of managing LAN/WAN switches and hubs.
- Experience of deploying anti-virus software.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £44,537.10 (a base salary of £37,212.10 + a London Allowance of £2,520 + a SFIA supplement of up to £4,805)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.