Portfolio Assurance Manager
2 Portfolio Assurance Managers are required for a Permanent Contract with a starting salary from £37,212.10 to £39,587.34 per annum plus London Weighting of £2,520 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
British Transport Police (BTP) provides a vital policing service to Britain’s railways, the rail operators, their staff and passengers across the country. We are a specialist force, highly responsive to railway issues alongside our policing mission to keep the public safe and protect vulnerable people. Our vision is to work with the rail industry to deliver a safe, secure, reliable and expanding transport system. To achieve that we have developed a new operating model that will see us transform our services and how we deliver them. This is the most significant transformation we have undertaken and we need your help. As a Portfolio Assurance Manager with BTP you will conduct planned and ad hoc independent assurance reviews on the portfolio, projects and programmes through analysing project reports and engaging with a range of stakeholders at different levels
As a Portfolio Assurance Manager you will be required to:
- Lead independent reviews of projects and programmes in BTP’s portfolio of change, identifying risks and issues and developing pragmatic recommendations against an annual assurance plan.
- Make project and programme interventions to positively influence project outcomes.
- Proactively undertaking thematic portfolio reviews / deep divesto provide assurance that portfolio delivery is on track.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Portfolio Assurance Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Experience of implementing projects and/or programmes and developing organisational structures and systems that lead to increased organisational effectiveness or that significantly contribute to strategic objectives.
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge of project management disciplines to clearly define problems and resolve them.
- Experience of conducting assurance reviews / OGC Gateway Reviews
- Experience of conducting Port Implementation Reviews
If you are interested in applying to this Portfolio Assurance Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting salary from £37,212.10 to £39,587.34
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.