Senior GIS Technician
A Senior GIS Technician is required for a permanent contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Senior GIS Technician with BTP you will offer specialist GIS support for key business areas.
Key activities include:
- The provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions.
- To provide training to key users.
- To make general or site-specific modifications, updating documentation, manipulating data, GIS system design.
- Close collaboration with the system's developers and/or with colleagues specialising in different areas, such as Database administration or Network support.
Key requirements include:
- Significant experience of operating and installing GIS software both client and server
- Experience of multiple GIS systems (including MapInfo, FME, ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Good experience of licensing.
- Experience of importing and editing geo data sets from multiple sources using ETL tools (such as FME).
- Good experience of providing applications support and problem management to end users.
- Experience of Web based\Cloud technologies
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £41,601.41 (£29,152.41 + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £9,929 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.