Analyst (Suicide Prevention and Mental Health)
An Analyst is required for a full time, permanent position with British Transport Police based in London. The position is 37 hours per week paying £26, 483.59 per annum plus a London Allowance of £2570.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As an analyst with BTP you will provide expertise through the development and use of analytical products to assist decision making at a strategic, tactical and operational level. The successful applicant will work with the Suicide Prevention and Mental Health team providing analysis and research to support their function.
As an Analyst you will be required to:
- Conduct analysis at a strategic, tactical and/or operational level, identifying and using appropriate analytical tools and techniques to interpret gaps, patterns and trends, assess threat, risk and harm and make recommendations in support of decision making, prioritisation and resource allocation.
- Establish and interpret requirements to ensure the needs of key stakeholders are met.
- Collect and evaluate data and information to support the creation of a collection plan and the delivery of analytical products.
- Produce written and/or verbal briefings and presentations to stakeholders to provide clear and concise evidence based understanding of the subject matter, including providing advice and guidance on products
- Prepare, deliver and present analytical products for use in court proceedings.
- Maintain awareness of innovation within intelligence to ensure implementation of latest techniques and tactics.
- Develop and maintain relationships internally and externally to share data, information and analysis where appropriate.
- Adhere to all legal frameworks, key working principles, policies and guidance relevant to the role.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification or work experience
- Proven use of analytical and intelligence/information gathering skills
- Proven experience in data exploitation and statistical analysis
- Proven experience in collecting, reviewing and interpreting a wide range of data sets
- Understanding of relevant legislation and policies appropriate to the role
If you are interested in applying to this role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you
• Salary £26,483.59 plus £2570 London Allowance
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Final salary pension
• Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK and you must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period/probation for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.