A Personal Assistant is required for a full time, permanent position with British Transport Police based in Camden, London. This position is 37 hours per week paying £23, 310.30 per annum plus a London Allowance of £2570.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. Within this role you will act as PA for the Head of Intelligence and the Head of Public Protection and Vulnerability and will provide secretarial support to the Public Protection and Intelligence management team by carrying out a range of administrative duties.
As PA to these Superintendents you will be required to:
- Organise meetings, events, daily briefing packs and diary appointments
- Lead on bookings for travel and accommodation
- Receive, acknowledge and respond to all correspondence – redirect where necessary
- Compile accurate financial, statistical and management information as appropriate
- Be a first point of contact for all callers and visitors for the Superintendent
- Monitor workflow within the management team by co-ordinating the delegation of tasks
- Research, collate and analyse information to prepare timely reports, papers and presentations
- Prepare and issue agenda’s for meetings and maintain comprehensive records of actions/ decisions made
- Maintain, update and archive documents, files and folders to ensure records are comprehensive and comply with BTP procedures and Data Protection and Freedom of Information principles
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous relevant PA/secretarial experience or extensive administrative experience.
- Experience in exercising diplomacy, tact and discretion in managing sensitive, personal and confidential matters
- Experience of scheduling meetings and events, preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate actions and decisions.
Please see attached job description for a full list of essential and desirable criteria.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
•Salary of £23,310.30 + a London Allowance of £2,570 per annum pro rata
•28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
•Final salary pension scheme
•Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6 months) for current substantive posting.
Please be advised the successful candidate will be subject to Management Level Vetting in line with BTP's recruitment policy and procedure.
This opportunity is closed to applications.