Service Delivery & Trauma Support Coordinator
A Service Delivery & Trauma Co-ordinator is required for a 12 month contract role paying up to £29, 735.46 (London based applicants will also be in receipt of a £2,570 London allowance) per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham or London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Service Delivery & Trauma Co-ordinator with BTP you will be responsible for the provision of a professional business planning and service delivery service to the SOHS Department, you will do this by managing the business of the Head of SOHS on a day to day basis and provide a professional and comprehensive financial and business planning support service to the Senior Management Team. In addition to this you will also provide support and assistance to the Mental Health and Trauma Support Manager with the day to day management of the TRiM processes and Health & Wellbeing initiatives.
As Service Delivery & Trauma Co-ordinator you will be required to:
- Oversee the SOHS Department’s c£1.6m budget and run financial reports for the Head of SOHS and SMT to highlight areas of underspend and overspend on a 4 weekly basis, in preparation for the monthly Force Finance Review.
- Work with finance colleagues and the SOHS Senior Management Team to implement and oversee the Purchase Ordering and Invoicing processes in respect of SOHS activity, carrying out all associated actions in compliance with all BTP policy and procedure.
- Ensure the force has up to date TRiM personnel by maintaining training databases and arranging new and refresher courses as dictated by assessment of needs.
- Support existing and emerging wellbeing initiatives by horizon scanning, researching and making informed decisions on wellbeing issues for the positive promotion of Wellbeing within the force.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Service Delivery & Trauma Co-ordinator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Experience of working at an SMT level in a fast paced office environment, including administrative experience, with a high level of organisational ability and attention to detail.
- Key knowledge of financial and accounting processes and procedures, including budget management.
- Proven experience in organising and servicing senior business meetings including preparing agendas, taking and circulating agreed minutes and undertaking actions.
- Educated to degree level.
- NVQ level 3 in Business and Administration or equivalent.
If you are interested in applying to this Service Delivery & Trauma Co-ordinator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £29, 735.46 (London based applicants will also be in receipt of a £2,570 London allowance)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.