Finance Manager - 12 Month Contract
A Finance Manager is required on a 12 month contract basis paying up to £40,379.09 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Finance Manager you will be report to the Finance Business Partner and will provide a proactive financial management service to budget holders, influencing business decision making and maintain financial control over their financial resources throughout the year.
As a Finance Manager you will be required to:
- Support the development of strong financial management underpinned by effectice financial controls to support and enable the delivery of the organisations objectives.
- Provide critical analytical challenge to departments and budget holders to ensure the Force achieves its financial targets.
- Oversee the periodic production of the management accounts, financial income and expenditure reconcilliations.
- Develop and deliver a nedium term financial plan and annual budgetary provision alongside budget holders.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and transformation of the Finance and Procurement function identifying and delivering on an area's plan.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Finance Manager will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Ideally fully qualified member of a CCAB (or working towards)
- Delivering in delivering finance result in a complex and/or geographically dispersed organisation
- Good understanding and proven experience of delivering value added financial reporting that support decision making
- Experience of working with budget holders
- Experience with working with financial systems
If you are interested in applying to this Financial Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £40,379.09 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.