Experienced Police Constables -
British Transport Police (BTP) is the national police force for the rail network in England, Scotland and Wales. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff.
For further information regarding the role please see the attached role profile.
Initial eligibility criteria
Before the BTP progresses your application, consideration will be given to a number of initial eligibility criteria. Therefore, please be aware of the following before completing an application:
- Candidates must be substantive in the rank of Constable (or above)
- Candidates must currently be serving in a Home Office force, or have served in a Home Office force within the previous two years
- Candidates must not currently be subject to an unsatisfactory performance review or action plan
- Candidates must have no current findings of guilt for complaints or discipline
- All mandatory training must be up to date
You will not be eligible to apply if you have an existing CCJ or IVA outstanding against you. Applicants who have been registered bankrupt will not be considered. Failure to disclose any of the above will lead to your application being rejected.
Applicants with a criminal record will be reviewed on a case by case basis, but may be rejected from the process dependent on the date and nature of the conviction. You are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries on previous convictions.
How to Apply:
Please submit an online application form by clicking the 'Apply' button, below. You will also be required to upload copies of your most recent completed PDR. Please be advised that we do not accept CV’s.
Start dates are planned in July and October 2019.
This opportunity is closed to applications.