An Audit & Assurance Manager is required for a permanent contract role paying up to £31,633.46 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As an Audit & Assurance Manager with BTP you will coordinate the internal HMICFRS activity in the Audit & Inspection Plan, taking part in this where needed to identify risk and best practice and manage the annual Management Assurance Return process to provide assurance to chief officers. In addition, this role will manage the day to day running of the Audit, Risk, Inspection & Compliance Board.
As Audit & Assurance Manager you will be required to:
- Be the first point of contact for general enquiries in the Audit & Assurance function, with the ability to provide initial guidance. This includes dealing with enquiries from members of the public, police staff, police officers and partner agencies.
- Coordinate all Chief Officer Visits / Area Audit & Assurance checks and self-assessment in relation to inspection, as directed by the Audit & Inspection Lead.
- Manage the annual DfT Management Assurance Return Process, providing a professional assurance review and ensuring this is consistent with other management responses.
- Conduct physical audits of police posts across A-Division, to provide independent assurance and identify and highlight risk to the force as well as best practice. This will include review of premises security, information security and Cymopa compliance.
- Liaise with senior leaders to plan for HMICFRS inspections by developing the self-assessment documentation to highlight areas of good practice as well as any gaps to be addressed and provide support and guidance to throughout the inspection process.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Audit & Assurance Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Excellent planning skills
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to draft clear, concise and accurate reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to brief employees at all levels of the organisation, including those at senior management levels.
- High levels of professional integrity with the ability to carry out complex and highly confidential investigations with tact and diplomacy.
If you are interested in applying to this Audit & Assurance Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £31,633.46plus £2,570 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discount
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.