Risk Management Lead
A Risk Management Lead is required for a permanent contract role paying up to £44,605.03 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As a Risk Management Lead with BTP you will manage the risk management process at BTP, ensuring that risks are identified and assessed appropriately using key metrics and report on these to the Audit & Risk Board. You will also provide support and advice to the executive to embed risk management in strategic decision making.
As a Risk Management Lead you will be required to:
- Ensure that risk is managed effectively in BTP by defining and leading the process by which business risks are identified, assessed, prioritised and mitigated.
- Lead and promote the risk management function to raise to create a culture of addressing threats before they materialise and maximising any opportunities that the force could take advantage of
- Undertake reviews of the risk management methodology and processes across the force, with BTPA and in divisions/departments, making recommendations for improvement and ensuring examples of good practice are shared as appropriate.
- To liaise with the Audit & Inspectorate Lead to contribute to the annual audit and assurance plan to ensure that this is developed based on potential risks to the force.
- Report to the Force Executive Board and the ARAC on the identification of new threats / opportunities and the design and effectiveness of key controls, as well as the escalation of risks/ issues
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Risk Management Lead will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
If you are interested in applying to this Risk Management Lead role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £44,605.03 plus £2,570 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
How to apply;
Please click the Apply button below to submit your CV and covering letter alongside a short online form.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.