A Resourcing Manager is required for a permanent role paying £39,877.88 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham City Centre.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Resourcing Manager with BTP, you will be responsible for the delivery of the recruitment of all Police Officers and Staff, covering all areas of resourcing including attraction, assessment and on-boarding.
As Resourcing Manager, you will be responsible for and be required to develop the following areas:
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including colleagues, hiring managers and service providers to deliver an effective service
- Delivering annual resourcing plans to ensure that the activities of the Resourcing Team are aligned to meeting operational requirements
- Creating and promoting positive action interventions across recruitment in BTP, educating stakeholders on this important area and ensuring it is applied where possible
- Developing BTP’s employer brand, building on exciting new work in this area, delivering a new careers website and embedding this brand across all external channels including social media
Further information on this challenging but rewarding role can be found in the attached job description. To be successful in this role, you will need to evidence the following skills and experience:
- End-to-end recruitment over your career, including hands-on sourcing experience
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Good examples of dealing with challenging and demanding stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy including Equality Act 2010 and use of positive action as well as recruitment relevant issues such as IR35
If you are interested in applying to this Resourcing Manager role then please do not delay as interviews may be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. This vacancy will close at 10am on Tuesday 9th March. In return for your experience, we can offer you
- Salary of £39,877.88 with annual progression up to £47,514.93
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Various online and high street discounts
- Other employee incentives including season ticket loan and various voucher schemes
How do I apply?
To apply to this exciting Resourcing Manager role, please submit a CV and Covering Letter as one document, your Covering Letter should be no more than 1,000 words and should address your interest and suitability for the role based on the requirements listed above and include an example of a specific occasion when you have been responsible for a recruitment process where there were conflicting priorities.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.