Anti Social Behaviour (ASB)
An Anti-Social Behaviour Officer is required for a permanent role paying up to £21,558.98 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based at Centro House, Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Anti-Social Behaviour Officer with BTP you will provide a comprehensive service relating to management of anti-social behaviour (ASB) on the network. You will hold primary accountability for all ASB case management, within your designated caseload. To contribute to ensuring the Safer Travel Partnership achieves its delivery of the Safer Travel Plan.
As ASB Officer you will be required to:
- Manage incoming reports of ASB from a range of sources paying particular regard to supporting and reassuring passengers, staff and the public who report incidents
- Proactively manage and monitor an ASB caseload, opening and progressing cases in line with agreed procedures and good practice and using a range of civil based interventions
- Contact, brief and build positive working relationships with the following stakeholders and others as appropriate
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful ASB Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, face to face and in the written form (e.g. correspondence and report writing)
- Ability to prioritise work and activities effectively including differentiating between ASB cases based on severity and repetition
- I.T literacy with the ability to operate current computer packages e.g. word, excel, etc.
If you are interested in applying to this ASB Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £21,558.98 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently under consultation)
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 YEARS. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.