Digital Learning Designer and Developer
British Transport Police (BTP) are currently recruiting for an experienced Digital Learning Designer and Developer to join our fantastic Digital Training Teams in either London (W14) or Liverpool (L1). This is an exciting opportunity to join a nationwide Police Force as we transform and modernise our Learning and Development approaches and move toward blended learning programmes. This is a permanent role paying up to £31,240.82 per annum plus £2,700.10 London Allowance (if applicable).
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As Digital Learning Designer and Developer you will work closely with our Learning and Development team to design and develop new, innovative digital learning solutions and support wider Force objectives to create blended learning programmes and immersive exercises using our Hydra Simulation System. The successful candidate will also be responsible for creating and curating standalone Digital Learning Products.
You will be required to:
- Help design new learning programmes as well as re-design existing programmes
- Design and Develop new digital learning content
- Project Manage new requests for digital learning solutions, working closely with SME's and stakeholders
- To advise on the most appropriate solutions to digital learning queries
- To create scripts and storyboards for review of new designs
- Organise and carry out filming and audio recording as necessary
- To upload new learning content and manage existing content on our Learning Management System
- Create any digital media required for the Hydra immersive learning system
- Be responsible for the use and maintenance of all development software and equipment
Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills/ experience:
- Digital Designing and Development qualification/s
- Experience in a comparable role where you have had to design and develop new learning products
- Experience in digital authoring tools and video software
- Experience in filming, producing and editing video content for learning
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple projects at the same time
- High level of technical and creative design knowledge
If you are interested in applying then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted.
Please submit a copy of your CV and Cover Letter together in the 'CV Upload' section detailing how you meet the requirements for this role as per the Job Description.
Please note: homeworking is available for this post but the successful candidate will be expected to attend the office on a regular basis (outside of current government restrictions).
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Starting salary of £31,240.82 per annum plus £2,700.10 London Allowance (for London based applicants only).
- Incremental salary increases each year across 6 spine points following successful PDR
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK on a permanent basis and have lived in the UK for at least 5 consecutive years. You must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.