Senior Business Analyst
A Senior Business Analyst is required on a 12 month fixed term contract paying £39,877.88 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join the Data and Analytics Team to channel two areas of work within BTP through capacity planning analysis and assessing the financial impact of recommendations. The results of this will be used to determine the future capability make-up of the force and provide an evidence base on the overall organisational impact of scenarios.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be required to:
- To work alongside the Smarter Working Team to deliver effective changes across BTP that will either increase the organisational capacity or allow it to remain effective.
- Provide the smarter working team with an insight into areas where organisational capacity is considered to be ineffective and support them in understanding how this can best be explored as part of a smarter working health check.
- Design and implement an assessment process which allows the recommendations and findings from the smarter working initiative to be tested in terms of the impact they may have on effectiveness, efficiency and resource allocation.
- Work closely with finance to identify the cost benefit of any efficiencies / recommendations gleaned from the demand analysis
The successful Senior Business Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Educated to masters level in data, economics based subject or equivalent experience
- Experience of undertaking organisational capacity planning and using this to inform change or investment decisions.
- Experience of working in a change management or transformation environment
- Ability to think and advise at a strategic and tactical level
- Excellent data analysis skills with the ability to interpret information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to confidently present findings and recommendations
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you are interested in applying to this Senior Business Analyst role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
Salary £39,877.88 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum
28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6-12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.