Demand Business Analyst
An exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of capacity planning in policing. A Demand Business Analyst is required on a permanent contract paying £31,240.82 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Demand Business Analyst with BTP, you will be responsible for working directly with police departments and frontline officers to gather and analyse demand data to inform our capability modelling using our Capacity Planning Tool. You will work with the Data Science team to model the impact of future demand scenarios and identify areas of improvement across the force to inform strategic workforce planning.
As a Demand Business Analyst you will be required to:
- Be responsible for conducting workshops, activity analysis and consultation with departments and the frontline to identify all strands of demand and time taken to complete these activities.
- Manage the data collection and collation for ingestion into the Capacity Planning tool and makes sense of the information provided. Creates high level reports to inform on insight gained form the tool
- Produce complex analytical products, papers and reports for the Data Science Delivery Manager and Head of Analytics.
- To take a lead role in identifying areas of data improvement and how utilisation of data science and automation activity could improve efficiency
The successful Demand Business Analyst will be required to evidence the following skills:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with strong statistics, economics or analytical element
- Analytical experience including experience in producing statistical and qualitative reports
- Excellent experience of being able to work with a variety of complex data sets and execute data collection, collation and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of different IT systems to gather and analyse data
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
If you are interested in applying to this Demand Business Analyst role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
Salary £31,240.82 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum
28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (6-12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.