An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent Project Manager to support Analytical Delivery Programmes within British Transport Police paying £39,877.88 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Force Headquarters, Camden, London.
In support of BTP Analytical Data Strategy, Analytics & Insight department are undertaking an ambitious plan to bring about data innovation and embrace new technologies and data. a range of complex projects relating to demand and capability mapping, data transformation, self-service and a range of exciting analytical transformation initiatives. It is designed to support our frontline policing and make sure everything we do supports our service to passengers and the public. As the Project Manager you will work directly with the Head of Analytics to delver these exciting projects and work with teams and officers across the BTP to enhance analytical services and outputs.
BTP is the national police force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Project Manager with BTP you will be required to champion and implement effective project delivery and outcomes to support BTPs Transformation programme.
Further duties and responsibilities include:
- Support communication and engagement with project stakeholders, developing and maintaining key relationships and working in partnership to resolve problems to benefit operational policing and BTP.
- Work with the design and business change leads to ensure consistency of project delivery approach.
- Provide direction and leadership for the project delivery team in scope of the role.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Project Manager will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Professional qualification in project management e.g. MSP or PRINCE 2 or willingness to work towards it.
- Experience of working on complex projects
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge of project management disciplines to clearly define problems and resolve them.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence others to promote the use of project management discipline
If you are interested in applying to this Project Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £39,877.88 plus £2,700.10 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
How to apply:
Please submit a Covering Letter and CV as part of one document - please note there is no separate option to upload cover letters, these need to be submitted together.
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.