Strategic Finance & Transformation Partner
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit a new Strategic Finance and Transformation Partner (Deputy Director) to join our Finance and Commercial Services Team to play a pivotal role in modernising and transforming our Force. This is a permanent role based at our Force Headquarters in Central London, paying up to £88,992.43 per annum (inclusive of allowances).
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Strategic Finance and Transformation Partner you will be responsible for strategic finance including financial planning, benchmarking and service costing as well as the transformation of our Finance service in support of the Force's broader transformation agenda. Our finance transformation has already landed significant improvements and you will lead further developments in systems, processes and professionalisation.
Core to the role, you will be required to:
- Drive insight through internal and external benchmarking and activity analysis to improve the performance of the organisation.
- Manage strategic finance issues in a complex organisation with a complex internal and external stakeholder landscape.
- Director level reporting and influencing – including representing Finance at Executive Boards, as well as day-to-day interaction with Directors and fellow Deputy Directors.
- Identify and solve problems using your experience, an inquisitive approach and innovation skills to reach solutions and improve our processes.
- Demonstrate significant change leadership skills including process engineering and process mapping.
- Support the Director of Finance and Commercial with capability development planning, service development and measurement and professionalisation of our functions.
Please see the attached Job Description for further information.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills/ experience:
- A fully qualified member of one of the five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies
- Experience in public sector budgeting and financial planning and analysis
- Extensive post qualification experience in a range of Finance and/or commercial roles
- Influential and innovative with experience of leading change/ improvement programmes
- Experience in Business Partnering at board level
- Successful track record of building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
It is preferable that you have either police or transport industry knowledge – but fundamentally we are looking for your talent to improve both finance and BTP.
If you are interested in applying then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. Please submit a copy of your CV and Cover Letter in the 'CV Upload' section detailing how you meet the requirements for this role as per the Job Description. This advert will close on Thursday 25th February at 14:00pm. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £88,992.43 per annum (£86,292.33 basic plus £2,700.10 London Allowance) rising annually across 6 spine points
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive Pension scheme
- Access to Private Healthcare
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle-to-work and season ticket loan as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK on a permanent basis and have lived in the UK for at least 5 consecutive years. You must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.