CT Exercise Trainer
British Transport Police (BTP) are looking to recruit Specialist Operations Trainers on permanent contracts to join our Force Resilience Team in Central London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight each year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing, As Specialist Operations Trainer you will design, develop and deliver Counter Terrorism (CT) and major incident training to new and existing Officers and staff, this includes the organisation of single agency and multi-agency exercises to ensure Force preparedness and resilience.
As Specialist Operations Trainer you will be required to:
- Work with Learning and Development to deliver CT training for England and Wales based Officers/PCSOs to the standard required
- Design, Develop and deliver single and multi-agency CT and major incident exercises to provide Continued Professional Development for Operational, Tactical and Strategic Commanders
- Deliver CT learning packages to stakeholders, including externally designed packages as appropriate
- Maintain an administrative record of all training delivered, feedback and issues raised
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Minimum level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) or equivalent nationally recognised training qualification
- Experience of delivering training and exercises
- Experience of a fast paced, ever changing working environment
- Good IT skills, ability to communicate effectively to large audiences
- Knowledge of learning and development principles, including individual learning styles, delivery methods, and learning design processes
If you are interested in applying then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted.
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £31,240.82 per annum plus £2,700.10 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years service)
- Pension Scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes and retail discount
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves so we welcome applicants from all sections of the community. You must have the right to remain and work in the UK on a permanent basis and have lived in the UK for at least 5 consecutive years. You must tell us about any previous convictions or cautions including any deemed as 'spent'. These will not necessarily exclude you from employment but they must be declared at the point of application.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period for current substantive posting.