A Vetting Supervisor is required for a permanent contract role paying up to £29,152.41 plus £2,520 London Allowance per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based at FHQ, Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a Vetting Supervisor with BTP you will ensure that Vetting is conducted on all applicants to the British Transport Police, including police officers, staff, volunteers and contractors in line with the Vetting Code of Practice. You will be supervisor the vetting officers and provide cover for the Force Vetting Manager in his/her absence making decisions on vetting clearance and ensuring the timeliness of dealing with vetting appeals. Assist the Force Vetting Manager in implementing and extending the Force’s Vetting Strategy with the aim of ensuring the highest levels of integrity and security within BTP. Ensure the integrity of the force is maintained by rigourous adherence to Management Vetting and Development Vetting and ensuring the force complies with the ACPO National Vetting Policy.
As Vetting Supervisor you will be required to:
- To ensure the supervision of the vetting team so vetting is conducted against applicants for posts within or working with the BTP meet the necessary standards of integrity expected by the force.
- To research, assess and interpret criminal intelligence and financial information (relating to applicants/family members), presenting the findings in a methodical way with attention to detail.
- To supervise and undertake detailed enquiries regarding the private and professional life, financial affairs, employment history and associations of staff and potential appointees to posts requiring enhanced vetting. To undertake precursor checks for Development Vetting.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Vetting Supervisor will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Interpersonal skills for presentations, enquiries and complaint handling.
- Analytical skills for research and cultural awareness.
If you are interested in applying to this Vetting Supervisor role then please do not delay as we will be conducting interviews on Tuesday 27th November. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £29,152.41 plus £2,520 London Allowance per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.