A Finance Manager is required on a permanent basis paying up to £40,379.09 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our Force Headquarters in Camden.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for providing central management accounting financial support and critical analytical challenge to ensure the Force and Authority (BTPA) achieve financial targets and delivers value for money within the budgets set by the Authority and Department for Transport.
As a Finance Manager you will be required to:
- Support the Finance Business Partner in the effective communication of financial advice and guidance to budget holders.
- Challenging and influencing budget holders on uses of funds, the delivery of efficiencies, and working to mitigate risks and deliver opportunities
- Provide a proactive financial management service to budget holders to ensure the force achieves its financial targets and delivers value for money
- Oversee the production of the management accounts.
- Conduct financial analysis and reconciliations
- Develop and deliver elements of the medium term financial plan and annual budgetary provision alongside budget holders
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Finance Manager will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Delivering in delivering finance result in a complex and/or geographically dispersed organisation
- Good understanding and proven experience of delivering value added financial reporting that support decision making
- Experience of working with budget holders
- Experience with working with financial systems
If you are interested in applying to this Financial Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £40,379.09 per annum plus £2,570 London Allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.