An Administrative Assistant is required on a 9 month fixed-term contract paying £18,297.00 with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As an Administrative Assistant with BTP you will provide professional, efficient and comprehensive administrative support, carrying out general office duties.
As an Administrative Assistant you will be required to:
- Provide a full administrative service to include (as required) typing, email, data entry, and create, maintain and back-up files and databases to track activities and workloads.
- Receive, acknowledge and reply to telephone calls and internal and external correspondence and documents in a professional and timely manner and redirect as necessary. Ensure security of access to premises by providing a first level reception service to callers.
- Compile, reconcile and despatch daily/weekly/period returns (e.g. for vehicle use, timesheets, overtime, expenses, DNA samples) and process for payment or report in liaison with other departments and to agreed guidelines and timescales.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Administrative Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Previous administrative experience with demonstrable organisational ability and attention to detail
- Previous experience in record keeping and working to deadlines
- Experience of scheduling meetings or events, preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate minutes
If you are interested in applying to this Administrative Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £18,297.00
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.