Portfolio Reporting and Insights Manager
British Transport Police (BTP) provides a vital policing service to Britain’s railways, the rail operators, their staff and passengers across the country. We are a specialist force, highly responsive to railway issues alongside our policing mission to keep the public safe and protect vulnerable people. Our vision is to work with the rail industry to deliver a safe, secure, reliable and expanding transport system. To achieve that we have developed a new operating model that will see us transform our services and how we deliver them. This is the most significant transformation we have undertaken and we need your help.
There were 62 million passengers journeys across the UK last year and this is set to rise substantially. As the UK's national railway police, we employ more than 5,000 people across the country who keep people safe and the rail network moving. Our transformation will change how we operate, establish new ways of engaging with rail users and those who work on the network, and digitise our services – all while equipping our officers with modern technology. At the same time, we will build our capability to exploit data, become more insight driven and deliver better value for money.
The scale and pace of our transformation is significant, and we are looking for the best people to help us make it a success. This is an opportunity to shape the future of railway policing – and to work with highly motivated team of people – with and without a police background.
Our Transformation Portfolio Group is developing its capability to become a stronger and more mature change function. We currently have an opportunity for a Portfolio Reporting and Insights Manager who will design and embed effective reporting tools and methodologies across the BTP portfolio of programmes and projects; ensuring that programme and projects are transparently and accountably working towards successful outcomes that are delivered on time and within budget through the use of P3M3 best practice. We are looking for applicants who have experience of the following:
- Lead the completion of overall portfolio and programme reporting (including insights), bringing together risks and issues, benefits and planning inputs and providing a meaningful narrative of progress and outcomes to inform decision making by Force governance meetings.
- Lead and manage the creation, continuous improvement, and consistent use of reporting and insights tools and governance across the portfolio, setting and communicating processes, embedding good practice techniques and standards.
- Promote the Management of Portfolios methodology as the preferred means of managing strategic change and ensure that programmes/projects remain aligned to strategic and operational plans, making recommendations for improving BTP's project management methodology.
- Responsible for influencing the behaviour of project and programme managers to promote the use of best practice project management techniques and bring control and improvement to performance reporting and insight.
If you are interested in applying to this Portfolio Reporting and Insights Manager role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary - £39,732.10
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.