Service Support Manager
A Service Support Manager is required for a 12 month fixed term contract role paying up to £72,915.70 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, London.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
As Service Support Manager with BTP you will form part of the Technology Senior Management Team, overseeing several functions across the department in order to deliver an excellent service to the Force. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, the Service Support Manager will lead key areas of the department such as portfolio engagement, first and second line technical support, incident, problem and change management.
Key activities for this role include:
- To ensure that the Technology Department meets customer business requirements and is delivers to set SLAs.
- To offer strategic advice and deliver a ‘value for money’ service to the business.
- To manage and approve the Service Support budgets.
Key requirements for this role include:
- Extensive experience of running a customer focussed service support group.
- Extensive experience of managing and developing multidisciplinary technical teams.
- Extensive experience of managing service requests to a defined set of Service Level Agreements and management KPIs.
- Extensive experience of developing and managing customer relationships.
- Detailed knowledge of ITIL IT Service Management methodology or equivalent discipline
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £72,915.70 (£56,101.70 base salary + £2,520 London Allowance + a SFIA supplement of up to £14,294 depending on skills and experience)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (six months) for current substantive posting.
Interviews will take place on Friday 22nd June 2018.
This opportunity is closed to applications.