Digital Learning Designer & Facilitator - London
A Digital Learning Designer and Facilitator is required on a permanent contract paying £29,152.41 plus £2,520 London Allowance with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Digital Learning Designer and Facilitator with BTP you will be responsible for the design and development of innovative digital learning solutions. They will be part of a forward thinking team and given creative freedom to develop digital learning solutions to meet the needs of the force.
The digital learning designer will work with L&D, stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to create blended learning programmes as well as stand-alone digital solutions. This role will also be responsible for creating and facilitating the running of digital immersive learning courses using our Hydra system; in collaboration with SMEs.
As a Digital Learning Designer and Facilitator you will be required to:
- To work with SMEs to design, develop and facilitate immersive learning courses for staff, officers and partner agencies on a wide range of topics, from fatality management to major incident exercises including management development
- To design and develop new digital content for the BTP using a variety of media such as e-learning, videos and podcasts and also update existing content where required.
- To project manage new requests for digital learning solutions, collaborating closely with SMEs and stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements.
- To manage multiple projects at any one time, using and prioritising your time effectively with minimal supervision, to ensure that deadlines are met.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Digital Learning Designer and Facilitator will be required to evidence the following skills:
- PTTLS or Nationally recognized Training qualification or a Digital Learning design qualification
- Design and development of various digital learning solutions
- Fully competent in using design and/or editing software such as Captivate, Storyline, Nimble, Premier or similar to produce digital learning solutions to a high standard
- Experience in producing digital learning media
- Experience in filming and editing high quality videos for training
- Experience in creating interactive and innovative e-learning packages on a range of content
- Experience in managing/uploading content on a Learning Management System
- Passion and enthusiasm to explore new ideas and ways of learning using digital media
- Experience in digital course design in conjunction with SMEs/ stakeholders
- Experience in virtual/ remote classroom delivery
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and project manage allocated tasks/ commissioning requests
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of working in a training role
- Experience of using virtual reality software/ programmes
If you are interested in applying to this Digital Learning Designer and Facilitator role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
•Salary £29,152.41 plus £2,520 London Allowance
•28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
•Final salary pension
•Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.