Senior Administrator - Blackheath
A SENIOR STATION ADMINISTRATOR is required for a FIXED TERM 6 MONTH CONTRACT role paying up to £22,637.79 (inclusive of allowances) per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in BLACKHEATH STATION, LONDON.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As SENIOR STATION ADMINISTRATOR with BTP you will provide professional, efficient, proactive and comprehensive administrative support, carrying out general office duties.
As SENIOR STATION ADMINISTRATOR you will be required to:
- Provide full administrativeservice, including; typing, email, processing general accounts, petty cash/invoices, data entry and creating and maintaining files and databases.
- Act as first point of contact for all callers, contractors and vistors, ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously.
- Intercept and make telephone calls on behalf of the manager or team, laising with internal staff and external contacts at all level, resolving issues proactively.
- Organise meetings, events, diary appointments for the manager and/or team to enable their time to be used effectively and to the best advantage within the organisation.
- Additional administrative tasks as required by the Officer in Charge.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful SENIOR STATION ADMINISTRATOR will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure, dealing with members of the public or demanding deadlines
- Proven track record of a good standard of planning and organisational ability
- Ability to use own initiative
If you are interested in applying to this SENIOR STATION ADMINISTRATOR role then please do not delay.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 9th October 2018
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £22,637.79 (inclusive of allowances)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.