Personal Assistant (Birmingham)
A Personal Assistant is required on a permanent basis paying 22,853.24 per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based at our C Division in Birmingham.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain’s railways. Every day we ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As a Personal Assistant you will be required to provide professional, efficient, proactive and confidential secretarial/administrative support to Head of Department and administrative assistance to their management team, carrying out general office duties, to support the delivery of the assigned departmental charter.
As a Personal Assistant you will be required to:
- Act as the first point of contact for all customers to Midlands, ensuring they are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously. Receive and make telephone calls on behalf of the Head of Department, liaising with internal staff and external contacts at all levels, resolving issues proactively.
- Assist with research, collation and analysis of information and preparation of reports, briefing papers and presentations to enable the manager to communicate with internal and external contacts and to aid their understanding of current issues on a variety of sensitive and confidential matters.
- Maintain, update and archive documents, files and folders to ensure ready access to comprehensive records in compliance with BTP procedures and Data Protection and Freedom of Information principles and provisions.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Personal Assistant will be required to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Previous relevant PA/secretarial experience or extensive administrative experience with a high level of organisational ability and attention to detail.
- Experience in exercising diplomacy, tact and discretion in managing sensitive, personal and confidential matters.
- Proven experience of working as a PA.
- Experience of scheduling meetings and events, preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate minutes.
If you are interested in applying to this Personal Assistant role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary £22,853.24 per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work/childcare) and retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone. You must have both the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been permanently resident in the UK for at least the previous three years. Any cautions or convictions including those deemed ‘spent’ must be declared at the point of application but will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
We kindly ask agencies not to send CVs. If CVs are received BTP reserve the right to engage with the candidate directly and without a fee being paid under any circumstances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.