British Transport police (BTP) require a ROTI typist on a Part Time basis in Ashford.
This position will pay £18,662.94 (pro rata) based on 16 hours per week permanent contract.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing.
To prepare, transcribe, type and summarise Records of Taped Interviews (ROTI), Records of Video Interviews (ROVI) and Achieving Best Evidence (ABE) interviews with suspects, offenders, victims and witnesses. You will provide a comprehensive, professional and confidential typing service to the Justice Department.
- Minimum GCSE grade C in English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Fully competent at audio transcription and a minimum typing speed of 60wpm
- Experience of working in a busy office environment, handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- Self motivated, with the ability to prioritise workloads and take initiative
- Awareness of National File Standards and ABE procedures
- Awareness of statutory and legal requirements including Data Protection, Security of information and Freedom of Information
- Awareness of Government Protective Marking Scheme
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description
Please be aware the successful candidate will work the following days each week:
Monday's 11:00 - 16:30
Thursday's 11:00 - 16:00
Fridays 11:30 - 17:00
In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £18,662.94 (pro rata)
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.