Technical Collections Officer - Central London or Warrington
A Technical Collections Officer is required for a Permanent Contract role paying up to £28,174.02 plus 15% Shift Allowance plus £2,570 London Allowance (if applicable) per annum with British Transport Police (BTP) based in London or Warrington.
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As a member of the British Transport Police Sensitive Intelligence Unit out-based within NCA intelligence collections, the post holder will be seconded to the host organisation for the purpose of supporting the countering of serious and organised crime affecting the railway.
As an interceptor of communications, the post holder will work as a member of a specialist team that supports complex investigations through the targeted acquisition of sensitive intelligence.
As Technical Collections Officer you will be required to:
- Contribute to the acquisition and development of tactical and strategic intercept intelligence relating to serious and organised crime affecting the railway and UK, within a dynamic environment.
- Provide tactical and strategic support by gathering and analysing intelligence in accordance with legislation and policy.
- Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of intelligence, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and a duty of care in line with BTP and NCA policy.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description.
The successful Technical Collections Officer will be required to evidence the following skills:
- Experience in an intelligence unit and handling sensitive intelligence.
- Operational experience and capability within an intelligence environment.
- Experience making dynamic decision and prioritising information that is relevant to operational goals and or Threat, Risk and Harm.
If you are interested in applying to this Technical Collections Officer role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary up to £28,174.02 plus 15% Shift Allowance plus £2,570 London Allowance (if applicable) per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Other benefits include a bespoke BTP rewards platform and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work as well as many high street and online retail discounts
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years. You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.
Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a ‘Competent’ rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR and they have completed their tenure period (12 months) for current substantive posting.
This opportunity is closed to applications.